The purpose of the dress code is to provide an atmosphere for learning that is free from distraction and characterized by modesty and decorum. The dress code also helps to enhance the students’ self image and eliminate unnecessary competition among students. The cooperation of parents in enforcing the dress code is expected.
- TOPS: White, red, or navy. Long or short sleeved plain shirt or blouse with a collar.
-Turtlenecks may be worn, but T-shirts or other tops without collars are not acceptable.
-If a T-shirt is worn underneath it must be solid white without any design or writing.
-All tops, shirts, or blouses are to be tucked into the skirt/slacks or shorts at all times.
- SLACKS: Students are to wear navy blue (not royal) slacks. Students in Junior High (grades 6,7,8) have the option to wear Khaki colored slacks. Corduroy may be worn. If slacks are designed for a belt, a belt must be worn. No cargo style with deep pockets, or jean type pants with rivets are permitted.
- JUMPER: Girls in grades K-3 wear the plaid uniform jumper.
- UNIFORM SKIRT: Girls in grades 4-8 wear the plaid uniform skirt. As 4th grade is a transition year, the uniform jumper may also be worn.
- UNIFORM SHORTS: Navy blue shorts may be worn by both girls and boys during the months of August, September, May and June. If weather permits this schedule will be altered. Junior High students have the option of wearing khaki colored shorts. No cargo style with side pockets are permitted.
- SWEATERS/SWEATSHIRTS: Only plain navy blue or red sweaters (cardigan, vest style or pullovers) may be worn. Navy sweatshirts with the school logo can be ordered through the school in September and January.
- SHOES: Dress shoes or tennis shoes may be worn; high heels are not acceptable. Tennis shoes must be clean, laced to the top and tied, and should be different shoes from the ones worn in gym.
- SOCKS: Students must wear either navy or white socks at all times. Socks may be knee-highs, ankle socks or tights. No half socks, footies or socks with designs are permitted.
Ordering Uniforms (including SPIRIT WEAR) for grades K-8 may be ordered from the following company: Educational Outfitters 3320 W. Saginaw, Lansing, MI 48917 Phone: 517-886-4800